Aug 11, 2010

Septarian Nodule Pendant






So for the last week, in my limited spare time I have been excitedly working on a sterling silver wire-wrapped pendant. I am very proud of this piece because the wire is encasing a Septarian Nodule. I came across this stone in a shop and I loved the colors and knew that I had to create something with it. I was unfamiliar with the stone itself so I did a little research and it turns out that it is also beneficial as well as being pleasing to the eye. Septarian Nodules formed millions of years ago and are made up of Limestone, Calcite, and Aragonite. These stones are said to be helpful with all aspects of communication, like speaking and being understood. They have even been known to be helpful to public speakers as well. This stone is also just a great stone to have for overall well being. I included some pictures in this post so that you all can see a little bit of the wire-wrapping process and how I created this pendant.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this wrap! You should put together a how-to/tutorial for this! Its' fab!
    Teri
    the T in S & T Creations
    sandtcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you not only create beautiful pieces but provide a little history and lore about the stones you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Paula for the nice compliment about my work.

    ReplyDelete